To study doctoral level courses of Management Sciences and develop understanding of research works in Management Sciences and related fields.
To fulfill the academic as well as professional requirements in the discipline of Management Sciences.
To impart higher education and training to conduct research work in different areas of Management Sciences.
To provide qualified and trained manpower for teaching and research at university level.
To produce professionals with advanced concepts in Management Sciences and the related fields to undertake research programs and execute research projects of national and international importance.
Know The Industry
“On Completion Of The Degree Requirements, Post - Graduates May Be Able To Take Up The Roles In Following Areas”
After completion of PhD. (Management Sciences), the students can go for higher studies that is Post Doctorate (Post Doc) in the following areas while depending upon their research interests and backgrounds
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Post Graduate /Doctoral Level
Post - Graduate may have proficiency in following skills
Data Analysis and problem solving
Writing Research Proposals
Writing and publishing research papers
Solving complex organizational problems
Identify sources of information
Design and analyze surveys
Effectively mentor sub-ordinates
Skills for CV
Carrying out effective research and publish quality articles of international standards
R & D projections supervision, investigation and evaluation
MS/PhD thesis supervision and evaluation, skill to evaluate the research work of other
Able to contribute in the current body knowledge
Able to contribute in solving the complex social problems by research and analysis.
PhD. (Management Sciences) is the ultimate goal of management sciences students; student become highly skilled in the following
• Must qualify GRE-Subject/GAT-Subject/IMS Graduate Admission Test (I-GAT) as per HEC requirement and IMS procedures.
• MS (with research)/M.Phil. (areas related to Management Sciences) 18 years degree from a chartered institute with minimum CGPA 3.0.
• MS with research or M.Phil. degree in related disciplines. However, such candidates will need to complete deficiencies or prerequisite determined by the Ph.D. Admission Committee.
The minimum duration for completion of Ph.D. degree in Management Sciences is three years and maximum duration is eight years.
In any hardship case, the academic committee/council on the recommendation of the committee comprising the Dean, supervisor(s), the registrar and the head of the department may extend said duration. The minimum and maximum limits of the above-mentioned duration may be enhanced for the part-time students.
Degree Completion Requirements
After the Ph.D. course work and passing the comprehensive examination (as per HEC rules) the student shall be evaluated for the qualifying for the candidacy of research for the Ph.D. program by the qualifying evaluation procedure of the IMS.
For successful completion of the Ph.D. degree, scholar should fulfill the requirement
i. Successful completion of Ph.D. course work.
ii. Qualifying the comprehensive examination.
iii. Successful defense of the research proposal/synopsis.
iv. Publish at-least one research paper from his/her Ph.D. research work in HEC approved journal.
v. Successful defense of Ph.D. thesis.
vi. Other minimum requirements set by IMS/HEC.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
1. After completing the PhD. (Management Sciences) degree, PhD graduates can contribute in the multiple areas of management sciences.
2. PhD. (Management Sciences) students gain an in-depth knowledge of the particular area of management like management, marketing, human resources, finance and supply chain.
3. At the end of this degree, the students become more creative and would be able to contribute in the current body of knowledge.
4. The main objective of PHD program is to train research scholar by imparting rigorous training and also preparing them for publication and teaching at university level.
Some of Regular Sponsors of IMS (Pak-AIMS) for
Internships and Job Placements
We Are Here For You
Admissions Open Fall – 2021 Email: email@example.com