The objectives of the BS Software Engineering (BSSE) degree program are:
1. Equip students with the necessary foundation for pursuing advanced studies and research in the field of software engineering at the postgraduate level.
2. Foster a comprehensive understanding of software engineering principles and practices in accordance with international standards, enabling students to contribute to innovation in the field.
3. Prepare students to actively contribute to economic development by meeting the industry’s demands in software engineering.
4. Instill values of ethics, teamwork, interpersonal communication, and emotional intelligence alongside professional education in software engineering.
5. Develop a strong grasp of advanced concepts in software engineering through a balanced combination of theoretical knowledge and practical application.
6. Cultivate responsible citizenship in students, with a heightened awareness of ethical, social, and professional norms, enabling them to effectively serve both society and the software industry.
Some graduates choose to continue their studies at the postgraduate level at MSCS/M.Phil. or PhD in Computer Science degree program. By achieving excellence in the higher degree, a graduate may prove himself/herself essential for a career in academia and for a range of diversified career roles.