Dr. Nisar Ahmad
Professor & Dean
- Ph.D. (Economics) Washington State University U.S.A.
- M.A. (Economics) Washington State University.
- Diploma (Dev. Economics) University of Manchester, UK
- M. A. (Econ) Government College, Lahore, Pakistan
- Held Ford Foundation Scholarship for Ph. D. Studies
- Awarded Colombo Plan Scholarship for Dip. Econ. Dev.
- Received Gold Medal from Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- World Business Economics and Finance Conference-26/27 September 2011(Bangkok) “Remodeling Education at Grass-roots Level: A Critical Study of Primary Education System of Pakistan”
- 4th International Applied Business Research Conference-28/29 November 2011 (Islamabad)“Economic Growth under Reverse Priorities”
- International Conference on Management, Business Ethics and Economics-28/29 December 2011 (Lahore) “Education Management: Case Study to Turnaround Academic Performance of Underperforming Students”
- International Conference on Emerging Trends in Management-18/19 May 2012 (Islamabad) “Educational Poverty by Design”
- Conference for Entrepreneurship – December 10/11, 2012, Avari Hotel, (Lahore) “Entrepreneurship: Creating Opportunities in the Vendor Industry”
- International Research Conference on Contemporary Management Practices (IRCMP)- 16th -19th January 2013, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)
- Expert Conference on Economic fuels, March 31, 2016 “Differential Pricing to Make Best Use of the Available Power Supplies”, Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry, LCCI.
- “Economic Growth under Reverse Priorities” Published in Journal of Business & Management Science (JBMS): 2nd Volume, 1st Issue. January 2012. Pp.56-70, Islamabad: Pakistan.
- “Vendor Industry: Revolution in Economic Growth” Published in Journal of Social and Development Sciences (JSDS): Vol.3, No.2, pp. 39-46, February 2012 (ISSN 2221-1152), UAE
- “Remodeling Education at Grass-roots Level: A Critical Study of Primary Education System of Pakistan”: Published in World Journal of Social Sciences Vol. 2, No. 3, May 2012. Pp. 57-68. Australia
- “Education Management: Case Study to Turnaround Academic Performance of Underperforming Students”. Journal of Modern Education Review. Vol. 1, Issue 2, pp. 11-19. October 2012. USA
- “Population: A Valuable Resource in Economic Growth with Special Reference to Pakistan’s Growth Prospects” appearing in Canadian Journal of Business and Economics, Vol. I, Issue 2, pp. 11-19. Canada.
- “Entrepreneurship: Creating Opportunities in the Vendor Industry”. International Journal of Business and Social Science, Vo. 4 No. 4, pp. 264- 271. April 2013. USA
- “Competitive Strength of Nations: Doing Business in a Global Market”. Eurasian Journal of Business and Management, Vol.1, No. 1 (EJBM). Pp. 41-50. Turkey
- “Foreign Direct Investment: A Business Proposition to Exploit Opportunities Maximize Profit”. Published in International Journal of Business and Social Science (IJBSS), Volume 5, No. 1; January 2014. USA
- “Educational Poverty by Design: A Case of Mismanagement of National Resources”. Published in the World Journal of Education: Vol. 3, No. 5. Canada
- “Islamic Banking System: Partnership in Sharing Business Risk” published in the Journal of Islamic Banking and Finance, March 2014. Vol.2 No. 1. Pp. 149-162. USA.
- “Differential Pricing to Make Best Use of the Available Power Supplies” A Paper presented at the Expert Conference on Economic Fuels, Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry, March 31, 2016.
Post-Doctoral Work Experience:
World Bank, Washington D.C., USA (13 Years)
Status as Dean:
Imperial College of Business Studies, Lahore
1996- 2002 Dean: Ex-Officio Director of Studies
1907- Till 2013 College Dean
Minhaj University Lahore
2014 – Feb. 2016 Dean: Faculty of Economics & Mangt Sciences
Institute of Management Sciences, Lahore
March 2016 – Till To-date Dean: MIS
Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI)
2002 - 2004 Director of Research and Development
University of Management & Technology (UMT), Lahore
Research/Consultancy 2004 – 2006